With a special, inspirational audio/video presentation: "Providing Eternal Merit" by Rabbi Yissocher Frand and Rabbi Paysach Krohn (CD included with book)
This book is an inspirational and practical guide for anyone who desires to remember a loved one in a meaningful way. Painstakingly researched and masterfully written, it explains the fundamental ideas underlying the concept of providing merit for a soul and then offers hands-on, practical guidance for all the many aliyah opportunities that our tradition describes.
It answers questions like ...
- Why should I do things in memory of my loved ones? How can the things I do here help a neshamah in the next world?
- What is the single most powerful tool to provide merit for the neshamah?
- Is there any difference between a child doing something in memory of parents, and other relatives or friends doing things in their memory?
Whether you have suffered a recent loss or many years have passed, this book will open your eyes with its profound insights into the concepts and practices of aliyas neshamah. It is ideal for any caring individual who wonders: "What can I do?"
- Section summaries for easy reference
- Practical guidance sections listing resources and creative ideas
Mishnayos for each letter of the aleph-beis, with English translation and elucidation
- An aliyas neshamah journal to keep track of your commitments and accomplishments